Use the Copy Traditional Grade Calculation function to copy the grade calculation from a specific reporting term or class.
- From the main navigation menu, choose Traditional Grade Calculations.
Click the gear icon, then choose Copy Traditional Grade Calculations.
Keep the following points in mind when copying the final grade calculations:
- A co-teacher can copy traditional grade calculations only when a lead teacher is the same for the source and target classes.
- You can copy to one or more reporting terms in the same class with one exception. If the source reporting term uses term weighting, then the target reporting term must have the same place in the reporting term hierarchy.
- You can copy traditional grade calculations within a class or to other classes.
- You cannot copy to reporting terms of the previous year's classes.
- You can copy grade calculations from a locked reporting term, but you cannot copy calculations to a locked reporting term.
- You cannot copy traditional grade calculations from PowerTeacher Gradebook.
- Choose one of the Copy Terms:
- Within a Class copies the calculations to other reporting terms in the same class. For example, if you use category weighting, you can set it up once and copy it to all other terms in the same class. Select the source class, reporting terms, and target reporting terms. By default, the option to Recalculate Final Grades is selected. Clear the selection if you do not want the recalculation to occur.
- To Another Class copies the calculations to other classes. For example, if you have 20 art classes, you can set up one class, then copy it to every other class. Select the source and target class and reporting term. By default, the option to Recalculate Final Grades is selected. Clear the selection if you do not want the recalculation to occur.
Click Validate.If you configure Drop Low Scores for the calculation, they will only be copied if the calculation itself can be copied. The Info column provides an explanation for any reporting terms that cannot be copied.
Copying Dissimilar Reporting Term Structures
When you attempt to copy classes that have dissimilar reporting term structures, you can successfully copy the calculations in these scenarios:
- Any reporting terms with the same name and structure are pre-matched. For example, if you attempt to copy a Y1 class with lower-level reporting terms of S1, Q1, Q2, S2, Q3, Q4, into an S1 class with lower-level reporting terms S1, Q1, Q2 only, any reporting terms with the same name will be pre-matched automatically. It is assumed that you want the S1, Q1, and Q2 from the Y1 class to go to those same reporting terms in the S1 class.
- If no name matches are available, then PowerTeacher Pro searches for a structure match. For example, copying S1 (with lower-level terms Q1 and Q2) into S2 (with lower-level terms Q3 and Q4) is a perfect structure match. Both have one higher-level term and two lower-level terms.