Import User Data Manually
Use the Data Import feature to create staff and student user accounts.
From Your Users Overview on your dashboard, click Import Users.Alternatively, from the main navigation menu, click Management, select Users, then click Import Users.
- Click Users.
- Review the Instructions and select downloaded here to access an import template.
- Click Choose File, select your data file, then click Open.
- Choose the field that each data set represents, then click Next.
- Verify your selections, then click Import.
- Review your import results, then click Finish and Close.
Import Student Data with SFTP Rostering
Use Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) to set up an automated, secure transfer of student data between Naviance Elementary and your school or district student information system (SIS).
Steps to Prepare
- Generate a Secure Shell (SSH) public key, then share the SSH public key with Naviance Elementary support to associate it with your account.
Identify a staff user with Administrator permissions to run the import and receive email notifications after each upload.The Administrator must log in to Naviance Elementary and upload the SSH key from My Stuff on the Navigator Dashboard.
- Send an email to Naviance Elementary support that includes:
- Your intent to set up SFTP for automated student rostering.
- Your Naviance Elementary URL.
- The administrator's username.
- Create and test your student rostering file in Naviance Elementary via a manual data import.
- When creating your student roster, use one of the following for the School data field:
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) ID for your school.
- State Specific ID for your school.
Name of the school as listed in the All Schools list from Manage Users.Naviance Elementary recommends using your school's NCES ID.
- Review and correct any errors from the import.
- Use the connection information provided by Naviance Elementary support to upload your file to your root folder.
- Name your file users.csv to ensure your import does not fail.
- Schedule your rostering between 6 pm and 6 am to avoid running SFTP during the school day.
- Review the email received upon completing a rostering run for errors and contact Naviance Elementary support if needed. Naviance Elementary support receives a copy of the completion email if it contains any errors.