On this page:
PowerSchool Special Programs (formerly TIENET) is now integrated with the PowerSchool SIS. PowerSchool Special Programs is a management system designed to address the entire instructional process including curriculum, assessment, Special Programs case management, and other specialty areas. If enabled, authorized PowerSchool SIS users will be alerted when students' special program documents are available. Once available, authorized PowerSchool SIS users can manage students' special program documents within the PowerSchool SIS Admin portal, the PowerSchool SIS Teacher portal, and PowerSchool Special Programs. In addition, PowerSchool SIS users can access the PowerSchool Special Programs management system. To learn more, watch the PowerSchool SIS and Special Programs Integration Enhancements video.
View PowerSchool Special Programs Alerts
Note: This functionality is only available if enabled by your district.
- On the start page, click the Single Day (chair) icon next to the class for which you want to work with.
- Note the Alert column.
Click the [Special Program Alert] you want to work with.
Note: The following Special Programs alerts are available and supported. Your district will likely not be using all of these alerts, and may just have some subset of them enabled based on the needs of your state or province.
Code Name Description
Student has 504 Accommodations
Behavior Intervention Plan
Student has a Behavior Intervention Plan
English Language Learner
Student is an English Language Learner
Gifted and Talented
Student is Gifted and Talented
Individualized Education Program
Student has an Individualized Education Program
Individualized Family Service Plan
Student has an Individualized Family Service Plan
Instructional Performance or Individual Program Plan
Student has an Instructional Performance or Individual Program Plan
Instructional Support Plan A (Mild/Moderate)
Student has an Instructional Support Plan A (Mild/Moderate)
Instructional Support Plan B (Moderate to Severe)
Student has an Instructional Support Plan B (Moderate to Severe)
Instructional Support Plan C (Gifted)
Student has an Instructional Support Plan C (Gifted)
Instructional Support Plan
Student has an Instructional Support Plan
Student has a Plan d’action
Personalized Learning Plan
Student has a Personalized Learning Plan
Response to Intervention
Student is involved in Response to Intervention
Responsive Teaching and Learning
Student is involved in Responsive Teaching and Learning
Student has a Safety Plan
Student has a Service Plan
Student is in Special Education
From the Alert pop-up, click one of the following:
- View Document List to view a list of special program documents associated to the student using the Special Programs page in the PowerSchool SIS Teacher portal.
- View Document List in Special Programs to view a list of special program documents associated to the student using the Documents page in Special Programs.
- Open Document in Special Programs to view a specific special program document associated to the student using the Documents page in Special Programs.
Manage Powerschool Special Programs Documents
- On the start page, click the Student Information (backpack) icon next to the class you want to work with.
- Click the last name of the student you want to work with.
- Choose Special Programs from the Select screens pop-up menu.
- To create a new document:
- Choose a document type from the Create New Document pop-up menu.
- Click Go.
- Enter the required information.
- Click Save.
- To edit a document:
- Click the name of the document you want to edit.
- Edit the document as needed.
- Click Save.
- To delete a document:
- Click the Delete icon next to the document you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- Click Confirm Delete.
Access the PowerSchool Special Programs Application
From the start page, do one of the following:
- From the navigation toolbar, click the Applications icon, and then click the Special Programs Home.
- From the left navigation menu, choose Applications - Special Programs Home.