Use custom Section Fields function to display a variety of information about sections. PowerSchool supports the addition of up to 999 custom section fields. For example, create a custom field called Field Trip to identify the field trips taken during a particular section. Create the custom section fields. Then, either add the custom fields to a page in PowerSchool or enter values for the fields using the Direct Database Access function, also known as Universal Search & Modify (USM).
- On the start page, choose System under Setup in the main menu.
- Under Data Management, click Custom Fields/Screens.
- Click Section Fields.
To add custom section fields:
- Click New.
- Enter the Field Name.
- Enter a description.
- Click Submit.
- To edit custom section fields:
- Click the name of the field you want to edit.
- Edit the information as needed.
- Click Submit.
- To delete custom section fields
Note: Deleting a custom field deletes the field and its values. If you manually entered the field on a PowerSchool page, you must manually remove it from the page.
- Click the name of the field you want to delete.
- Select the checkbox to confirm that you want to delete the field.
Note: If you do not select the checkbox and click Delete, the system displays a message indicating that the field was not deleted. Click Back to return to the previous page. Select the checkbox, and then click Delete.
- Click Delete.
- Click Confirm Delete. Do not leave the page until a message indicates that the process is complete.
Note: The system lists any PowerSchool pages that include the custom field. If any pages appear, you must manually remove the fields from those pages.