On this page:
Use the RepVisits setup wizard to guide you through the process of setting up RepVists for the upcoming school year.
- Navigate to the RepVisits tile on the homepage and click Schedule.
- From the setup wizard, click Get Started on the Welcome to RepVisits page.
High School Information
Indicate how you will be using RepVisits at your high school by selecting one of the options, then click Next.If you are not sure whether or not your school will be setting up both visits and fairs, choose both. You will then have the ability to set up both visits and fairs at your school, even if you do not use both.
- From the list, choose the correct time zone for your school, then click Next.
- Your school's time zone appears to colleges when scheduling an appointment.
- The time zone is included in the appointment details after an appointment is scheduled and confirmed.
Regular Weekly Hours
To set up your calendar for the upcoming academic year and establish weekly available time slots:
- Select your school's Start and End Dates for Visits.
- Click Add Time Slot.
- Open the Day(s) list and choose the days of the week to make the new time slot available.
Set a Start Time and an End Time. Times must be entered using this format: #:## AM or #:## PMSet the start and end dates to reflect the dates that your school actively engages students for the academic year.
- Determine how many colleges you will accept or schedule during that time period.
Select the type of visit to schedule during that time slot. When Either is selected, the college rep requesting the visit can choose if they want to meet with students virtually or in person.
Continue to add time slots as needed, then click Next.
Select the Common US Holidays that your school observes, then click Save Blocked Holidays. Your availability is updated to reflect those holidays.
Custom Blocked Days
Add custom blocked days for your school's spring break schedule, teacher or staff in-service days, or other special events when visits cannot be scheduled at your school.
- Click Choose Dates and select a day or the first day to block off from the calendar.
- To select a single day, click the date again.
- To set a date range, choose the last date to be blocked off in the range.
- With the calendar open, click Select a Reason and make a selection. The reason appears to a college or university when attempting to schedule a visit.
Click Add Blocked Time.
Continue adding custom blocked days as needed, then click Next.
On days when your school's bell schedule is different, or you have an influx of college visit requests, you can customize your school's regular hours and blocked days.
- On the Exceptions tab, click Choose a Date.
- Select the date for which you need to add exceptions.
- Manage time slots on the selected day:
- Click the trash can icon to remove a time slot, then click Confirm.
- Click a time slot to edit the visit type or the number of colleges that can visit during that time slot.
- Select Remove all visit openings for XX/XX/XXXX? to remove all visits on that day.
- Navigate to the Add a New Time Slot section, set up the new time slot, then click Add Time Slot.
- Continue adding blocked days as needed, then click Next.
Determine if your school will automatically confirm all incoming visit requests or manually review each incoming request.
Decide if you will allow for-profit U.S. institutions to request visits.
- Change the number of days that colleges can:
- Schedule a visit without a specific amount of advanced notice
- Cancel or reschedule visits online less than a certain number of days in advance
- Open the Accept list and select an option to determine how many colleges or university visits can be scheduled per day, regardless of the time slots established in your weekly hours and exceptions.
- After the maximum number of visits per day is scheduled, the day will display as booked.
- Alternatively, accept appointments until all time slots have been filled.
If you select a maximum of, change the number of visits per day.
Enter a custom confirmation message. Add information for your school such as directions to the campus, instructions on parking, entering the building, and finding the counseling department. The message is included in the confirmation email sent to admission representatives after their visit is confirmed.
By default, confirmation emails include:
- Your high school name
- City and state of high school
- Date/time of visit
Special Instructions for RepVisits
Enter any information that a representative should know before scheduling a visit to your school. For example, all visits occur in a particular location, or seniors can only attend visits during certain hours. The note appears for admissions representatives when requesting appointments at your school.There is a 250-character limit for this note.
- Click Next.
Notifications and Primary Contact
Primary Contact for Visits
Open the Primary Contact Name list and choose the point of contact to field visit changes or cancelations at your school. This point of contact's name, phone number, and email are included in the appointment details.
Notifications for Visits
From the list of staff members, select those to receive email notifications for new, rescheduled, confirmed, and denied visits. Staff members who are not part of the Counselor Community are not listed.To send email notifications to staff members not listed, type their email addresses in the field provided. Use a comma to separate email addresses if entering more than one.
- Click Next.
- To sync your RepVisits calendar with a third-party calendar such as Google or Outlook, click Subscribe to RepVisits in iCal/Outlook.
- Click Copy to copy the URL you will need to set up the calendar sync.
- Click X to close the dialog box to return to the Calendar Sync page, then click Next.
- Determine who can see your school's visit availability.
- Choose All Higher Education RepVisits Users (Published) so colleges and universities can begin requesting or scheduling visits to your high school.
- Choose Only My High School (Unpublished) to publish your calendar to colleges and universities later.
- Click Next and read the information on the You're all set! page.
- Click Take Me to My Visits or Get Started with College Fairs to complete the setup wizard.