Before PowerScheduler builds your master schedule, you must validate the information that was entered. The validation process finds any errors in your data, such as too many sections assigned to a teacher.
The system checks the following:
- All courses selected as scheduled must be in the rank.
- All courses assigned to teachers must be in the rank.
- Each course has a room that will handle its capacity.
- Student course requests have been dropped if a course is not scheduled.
The validation process also alerts you to potential problems, such as students with no scheduled course requests or a teacher who has more periods assigned than periods available.
Before validating your build scenario, confirm that the build parameters are correct. For more information, refer to Build Scenario Parameters.
Validate a Scenario
- Navigate to the PowerScheduler page.
- Under Processing, choose Build from the PowerScheduler menu.
- Select the Validate only checkbox.
- Click Submit. The engine starts to run. For more information, refer to Build the Master Schedule.
- Make the necessary corrections using the steps described in the section Build Validation. Continue to validate your data until it is error-free.