Use custom Course Fields function to display a variety of information about courses. PowerSchool supports the addition of up to 999 custom course fields. For example, create a custom field called Demand to track last year's demand for a particular course. Create the custom course fields. Then, either add the custom fields to a page in PowerSchool or enter values for the fields using the Direct Database Access function, also known as Universal Search & Modify (USM).
- Navigate to the Course Fields page.
- To add custom course fields
- Click New.
- Enter the Field Name.
- Enter the description.
- Click Submit.
- To edit custom course fields:
- Click the name of the field you want to edit.
- Edit the information as needed.
- Click Submit.
- To delete custom course fields:
Deleting a custom field deletes the field and its values. If you manually entered the field on a PowerSchool page, you must manually remove the field from the page.
- Click the name of the field you want to delete.
- Select the checkbox to confirm that you want to delete the field.
Note: If you do not select the checkbox and click Delete, the system displays a message indicating that the field was not deleted. Click Back to return to the previous page. Select the checkbox, and then click Delete.
- Click Delete.
- Click Confirm Delete. Do not leave the page until a message appears indicating that the process is complete.
The system lists any PowerSchool pages that include the custom field. If any pages appear, you must manually remove the fields from those pages.