Use the Consecutive Absences report to generate a report detailing consecutive student absences by absence code. The report can be run in either daily or meeting mode. In daily mode, the report searches for students with consecutive absences codes in their daily attendance record. In meeting mode, the report searches each student's attendance records period by period for consecutive absence codes.
Run the Consecutive Absences Report
- Navigate to the System Reports page.
- Select Consecutive Absences.
Use the following table to enter information in the fields:
Select one the attendance recording methods for which you want to run this report.
- Use Default: Searches for and displays report output based on FTE. By default, this menu option is selected. If your school uses more than one FTE to differentiate students, such as full time and part time, and you want to run the report for those sets of students, the only way to effectively run these groupings with different modes and conversion items is to use the default.
- Daily: Searches for and displays report output by day.
- Meeting: Searches for and display report output by period.
For more information about attendance modes, see Attendance Tracking Modes.
Menu options appear based on your attendance setup configuration. For the Use Default menu option to appear, FTEs must be set up and the “Use default settings” checkbox on the Attendance Preferences page must be selected. For the Daily or Meeting menu options to appear, the Daily or Meeting checkboxes on the Attendance Preferences page must be selected.
Select the attendance codes for which you want to scan.
Select the attendance code for which you want to scan for the report.
Only one attendance code can be selected at a time.
Begin Date and Ending Date
Enter the beginning and ending date of the date range to scan using the format mm/dd/yyyy or mm-dd-yyyy. If you do not use this format, an alert appears. If you submit the date with an incorrect format, the date field is submitted as a blank entry.
The date entered must fall within the selected school year term.
Select a time to run the report:
- In Background Now to execute the report immediately in the background.
- ASAP to execute the report in the order it is received in the Report Queue.
- At Night to execute the report during the next evening.
- On Weekend to execute the report during the next weekend.
- On Specific Date/Time to execute the report on the date and time specified in the Specific Date/Time fields.
After submitting this report, it will be processed in the report queue. In the header, click the Report Queue button. The Report Queue - My Jobs page displays all your reports.
If you selected the On Specific Date/Time processing option, enter the date to scan using the format mm/dd/yyyy or mm-dd-yyyy. If you do not use this format, an alert appears. If you submit the date with an incorrect format, the date field is submitted as a blank entry.
Indicate the hour and minute.
Data to be filled
In this section, select the checkbox next to the following filter fields to save the settings as defaults. Choose Set All to select all checkboxes and Reset All to remove all checkboxes next to the following fields.
Number of Consecutive Days to Scan
Enter the number of consecutive days of an attendance code must occur.
Indicate whether you want to run the report for:
- All Enrollment Records - All students with an enrollment record in the current school.
- Current Enrollment Records - Only students that are actively enrolled in the current school on the date the report is run.
Include Student Number
Select the checkbox to include the student numbers on the report.
Itemize by Day
Select the checkbox to further parse the scan by cycle days selected.
This checkbox appears only for schools with multi-day schedules.
Click Submit. The report results display based on the parameters you selected. Depending on your specifications, this could take several minutes.
Do one of the following:
- Click a name to open the student pages menu and work with that student.
- Print the report from your Web browser or save it to another application. For more information, see Report Formatting.