Use the Absentee report to generate single-day period-by-period attendance code information. For example, you can use this report to search for students who received an unexcused absence code for the previous day. You can then contact the students' guardian to verify whether or not the student actually has an excused absence.
You can search for any absent or present attendance code that is stored in the database. However, instances where the absence of an attendance code indicating a presence is not searchable as the attendance code value is not stored in the database.
Run the Absentee Report
- Navigate to the Absentee Report page.
Use the following table to enter information in the fields:
Select one the attendance recording methods for which you want to run this report:
- Use Default: searches for and displays report output based on FTE. By default, this menu option is selected. If your school uses more than one FTE to differentiate students, such as full time and part time, and you want to run the report for those sets of students, the only way to effectively run these groupings with different modes and conversion items is to use the default.
- Daily: searches for and displays report output by day.
- Meeting: searches for and displays report output by period.
For more information about attendance modes, refer to Attendance Tracking Modes.
Menu options appear based on your attendance setup configuration. For the Use Default menu option to appear, FTEs must be set up and the Use default settings field on the Attendance Preferences page must be selected. For the Daily or Meeting menu options to appear, the Daily or Meeting fields on the Attendance Preferences page must be selected.
Students to Include
Indicate which students you want to run the report for by selecting one of the following options:
- The selected students only to run the report for students in the current selection enrolled in the specified date range.
- All students to run the report for all students in the current school enrolled in the specified date range.
Select the checkboxes of the grade levels you want to scan. Doing so takes the selection of students selected in the “Students to Include” section and narrows the selection to include only those students having the same grade level as those selected.
Alternatively, leave all the checkboxes blank to scan all grade levels. Doing so includes all of the students selected in the “Students to Include” selection.
Select the attendance codes for which you want to scan.
Date to Scan
Enter the date to scan using the format mm/dd/yyyy or mm-dd-yyyy. If you do not use this format, an alert appears. If you submit the date with an incorrect format, the date field is submitted as a blank entry.
The date entered must fall within the selected school year term.
If Meeting has been chosen from the Attendance Mode menu, select the checkboxes of the periods you want to scan or leave all the checkboxes blank to scan all periods.
If Daily has been chosen from the Attendance Mode menu, periods do not apply.
Select a time to run the report:
- In Background Now to execute the report immediately in the background.
- ASAP to execute the report in the order it is received in the Report Queue.
- At Night to execute the report during the next evening.
- On Weekend to execute the report during the next weekend.
- On Specific Date/Time to execute the report on the date and time specified in the Specific Date/Time fields.
After submitting this report, it will be processed in the report queue. On the navigation bar, click the Report Queue button. The Report Queue - My Jobs page displays all your reports.
If you selected the On Specific Date/Time processing option, enter the date to scan using the format mm/dd/yyyy or mm-dd-yyyy. If you do not use this format, an alert appears. If you submit the date with an incorrect format, the date field is submitted as a blank entry.
Indicate the hour and minute.
Data to be filled
In this section, select the checkbox next to the following filter fields to save the settings as defaults. Choose Set All to select all checkboxes and Reset All to remove all checkboxes next to the following fields.
Include Student Number
Select the checkbox to include the student numbers on the report.
Number of Blank Lines Below Student Names
Enter the number of blank lines to include as separators after each student name.
Include Verification Line
Select the checkbox to include one line for each student where the following can be recorded on the report: talked to, relationships, reason, verify date, and employee.
Do one of the following:
- Click a name to open the student pages menu and work with that student.
- Click Find teachers who have not taken attendance to identify teachers who have not yet taken attendance. For more information about this function, refer to PowerTeacher Attendance Report.
- Print the report from your Web browser or save it to another application. For more information, refer to Report Formatting.