Some districts offer multiple "sessions" of summer school over the summer. In this case, a particular student could be enrolled at one summer school during the "A" term and a different summer school during the "B" summer term.
The notable side effects of this are:
- Originating school transfer from the "B" term school will return the student to the "A" term school unless the student is transferred back to regular-term school between "A" and "B" terms.
- There is only one summer school field per student, therefore both summer school sessions cannot be identified during the regular school year. The second summer school can be noted in the SummerSchoolNote field instead, and moved into the SummerSchoolID at some point after Term "A" starts.
Enroll Students in Sequential Summer Schools
- During the regular school year, create the summer school with the "A" term, and create another summer school for the "B" term. For more information, see Set Up Summer School. Note the SummerSchoolID for both schools.
- On the student Scheduling Setup page, select the "A" term summer school on the Summer School selection menu. For more information, see Transfer Active Students Into Summer School.
- After the end of the regular school year, transfer students into the "A" term summer school.
- After transfers have been handled for "A" term, search for and select a student that is enrolling in sequential summer school sessions. On the student Scheduling Setup page, select the "B" term summer school on the Summer School selection menu. Repeat this step for each student enrolling in sequential summer school sessions. Do not transfer students until the "A" term is completed.
- Once "A" term is completed, transfer all students back to their originating school. This is only necessary if the students need to be transferred back to the originating school prior to End-of-Year processing.
- Prior to "B" term starting, transfer active students to the "B" term summer school.
- Repeat for additional sequential summer terms.