Use the Attendance Count report to generate multi-day period-by-period attendance code information.
Note: You can search on any absent or present attendance code that is stored in the database. However, instances where the absence of an attendance code indicates a presence is not searchable as an attendance code value is not stored in the database.
Note: You can also access this report by clicking Attendance > Attendance Count.
Run the Attendance Count Report
- On the start page, choose System Reports under Reports in the main menu. The Reports page appears.
- On the System tab, click Attendance Count. The Attendance Count Report page appears. The upper portion of the page displays the report's name, version number, description, and comments.
Use the following table to enter information in the fields:
Use the pop-up menu to select one the attendance recording methods for which you want to run this report.
- Use Defaults: Searches for and displays report output based on FTE. By default, this menu option is selected. If your school uses more than one FTE to differentiate students, such as full time and part time, and you want to run the report for those sets of students, the only way to effectively run these groupings with different modes and conversion items is to use the default.
- Daily: Searches for and displays report output by day.
- Meeting: Searches for and displays report output by period.
- Interval: Searches for and displays report output by interval.
- Time: Searches for and displays report output by time.
- Time/Interval: Searches for and displays report output by time and interval.
For more information about attendance modes, see Attendance Overview.
Note: Menu options appear based on your attendance setup configuration.
Students to Include
Indicate which students you want to run the report for by selecting one of the following options:
- The selected students only to run the report for students in the current selection enrolled in the specified date range.
- All students to run the report for all students in the current school enrolled in the specified date range.
Select the checkboxes of the grade levels you want to scan. Doing so takes the selection of students selected in the “Students to Include” section and narrows the selection to include only those students having the same grade level as those selected.
Alternatively, leave all the checkboxes blank to scan all grade levels. Doing so includes all of the students selected in the “Students to Include” selection.
Select the attendance codes for which you want to scan. To select multiple attendance codes, press and hold COMMAND (Mac) or CONTROL (Windows) as you click each of the attendance codes you want to scan.
Begin Date and Ending Date
Enter the beginning and ending date of the date range to scan using the format mm/dd/yyyy or mm-dd-yyyy. If you do not use this format, an alert appears. If you submit the date with an incorrect format, the date field is submitted as a blank entry.
Note: The date entered must fall within the selected school year term.
Select the checkboxes of the periods you want to scan or leave all the checkboxes blank to scan all periods.
Select a time to run the report:
- In Background Now to execute the report immediately in the background.
- ASAP to execute the report in the order it is received in the Report Queue.
- At Night to execute the report during the next evening.
- On Weekend to execute the report during the next weekend.
- On Specific Date/Time to execute the report on the date and time specified in the Specific Date/Time fields.
After submitting this report, it will be processed in the report queue. On the navigation bar, click the Report Queue button. The Report Queue - My Jobs page displays all your reports.
If you selected the On Specific Date/Time processing option, enter the date to scan using the format mm/dd/yyyy or mm-dd-yyyy. If you do not use this format, an alert appears. If you submit the date with an incorrect format, the date field is submitted as a blank entry.
Use the pop-up menus to indicate the hour and minute.
Data to be filled
In this section, select the checkbox next to the following filter fields to save the settings as defaults. From the pop-up menu, choose Set All to select all checkboxes and Reset All to remove all checkboxes next to the following fields.
Include Dropped Classes
Select the checkbox to report on attendance for dropped classes.
Minimum Number of Occurrences
Enter the minimum number of occurrences of the code to include in the scan.
Itemize by Day
Select the checkbox to further parse the scan by cycle days selected.
Note: This checkbox appears only for schools with multi-day schedules.
Include Student Number
Select the checkbox to include the student numbers on the report.
Number of Blank Lines Below Student Names
Enter the number of blank lines to include as separators after each student name.
- Click Submit. The report results display based on the parameters you selected. Depending on your specifications, this could take several minutes.
- Do any of the following:
- Click Functions at the bottom of the report to open the Group Functions page. For more information about what you can do from that page, see Work with Groups.
- Click Find to identify teachers who have not yet taken attendance. For more information, see Run the PowerTeacher Attendance Report.
- Print or save the report. For more information, see Run, Print, and Save Reports.