After the students have been transferred to a summer school, enroll them into sections.
Enroll Students in Summer School Sections
After students are enrolled in sections and the summer school term begins, the summer school is administered in the same manner as all PowerSchool schools.
- On the start page, search for and select a student. For more information, see Search and Select.
Under Scheduling, choose Modify Schedule from the student pages menu. The following information is either captured as part of the PowerScheduler commit process or can be manually defined:
By default, the Enrollments tab is selected, which displays the student's section enrollments for the current year and school, as well as current course requests.
The second tab on the Modify Schedule page is Requests. The Modify Schedule - Requests page supports editing and entering course requests for the student. It is these requests that the scheduling engine uses to determine the students schedule. For detailed information, see Access the Modify Schedule - Requests Page.
View Entire Year Schedule
Click to view the student's schedule by each term within the selected term.
Edit Auto Schedule Parameters
Click to display the Automated Scheduling Setup page to modify default parameter settings for this scheduling session.
Click the arrow to expand this section. Click the arrow again to collapse this section.
When creating a new section enrollment, enter the date that any enrollment becomes effective in the Effective Enrollment Date field. The field defaults to tomorrow's date, unless:
- It is before the section's start date, in which case the start date defaults to the start date of the section, according to the term and schedule day on the school calendar.
- It is after the section's start date but during an off-cycle day, in which case the start date defaults to the next valid schedule day for the section.
Use Search Available Classes to enroll the student into a course:
- Course Number - Use as a filter to search for available sections.
- Period - Use as filter to search for available sections.
- Find - Click to search for available classes.
Use Quick Enroll to enroll the student into a section:
- Course.Section - Use to search for a section and enroll the student immediately into the section.
- Enroll - Click to initiate search/enroll.
The following information appears for each line item:
- Exp - The period and day combination of the course.
- Trm - The term in which the course is being taught.
- Crs-Sec - The course and section number used to identify the course.
- Course Name - The name of the course.
- Note - Prerequisites pertaining to the course, if any. For more information, see Course Prerequisites.
- Teacher - The name of the teacher teaching the course.
- Room - The room number in which the course is taught.
- Enroll - The first day the student's enrollment is active.
- Leave - The first day the student's enrollment is not active.
Use the following information to lock or drop the student's section enrollments:
Note: If the Effective Enrollment Date is set to a date that is after the Leave date for an enrollment, then that enrollment is locked and cannot be adjusted. If the course is in the future or in progress, then you can lock/unlock as needed.
- Lock - Click the Lock icon (appears unlocked and blue) next to each section enrollment that should not be changed by the scheduling engine, if any. For instance, if you want the student to remain in Algebra for period 1 on MWF, select the Lock icon for that section enrollment.
- Unlock - Click the Lock icon (appears locked and yellow) next to each section enrollment that should be changed by the scheduling engine, if any.
- Toggle Locks - Click to lock or unlock all section enrollments.
- Drop - Delete enrollments individually and immediately by selecting the checkbox next to the section enrollment you want to delete and clicking Drop Selected. The Drop Classes page appears. Verify the information you want to delete. Enter an exit date and click Drop Classes. The exit date is the first day the student's enrollment is not active. Use the format mm/dd/yyyy or mm-dd-yyyy.
- Drop All - Click to immediately drop all the current section enrollments for the student. The Drop Classes page appears. Verify the information you want to delete. Enter an exit date and click Drop Classes. The exit date is the first day the student's enrollment is not active. Use the format mm/dd/yyyy or mm-dd-yyyy.
- Automated Schedule - Use to initiate the automated scheduling process that uses the scheduling engine to produce the student's schedule.
- Manually Schedule Student - Use to manually schedule the student into available courses by period.
Use to view the student's current course requests. For more information, see Access the Modify Schedule - Requests Page.
For more information, see Course Requests and Schedule.