Because course requests can be made for the current year or for other scheduling years, you must set the schedule year for student requests made in PowerScheduler, in the PowerSchool Student and Parent portal, or on the Requests Modify Future page in PowerSchool.
For example, set the scheduling year to 2015-2016 if you want students to enter course requests for the 2015-2016 year. In this case, the request Screen Setup function in PowerScheduler will apply to the 2015-2016 school year. The student's requests made through the Requests Modify Current page in PowerSchool will apply to the 2014-2015 school year. For more information about student course requests, see Student Course Requests.
- On the start page, choose PowerScheduler under Applications in the main menu. The Scheduling page appears.
- Under Tools, choose Functions from the PowerScheduler menu. The Scheduling Functions page appears.
- Click Set Schedule Year. The Set Schedule Year page appears.
- Choose the schedule year from the pop-up menu.
Note: Only the years established on the Years & Terms page appear in the pop-up menu. To select a year that is not listed, you must first set up that scheduling year. For more information, see Auto Scheduler Setup.
- Click Submit. The Scheduling page appears.