Use the Monthly Student Attendance report to display attendance per student per day, including holidays. This report displays the days the student was not enrolled, absent, or in attendance. The days in session and carry forward, gains, losses, and ending enrollment appear at the end of the report.
By default, the codes and values included in the report represent full days of absences and attendance even if the school is set up with attendance conversions that count partial absences and attendance. When attendance is calculated using the Attendance Conversions (defined in School Setup > Attendance Conversions), it is possible to get an attendance value of, for example, 1.5 for a 2-day period, meaning they were absent half a day in those two day periods. But the Monthly Student Attendance report does not report a 1.5 attendance. It reports 2 full days of attendance and 0 absences. It does not count half-day absences.
To include codes and values for partial day absences and attendance, select the Include Partial Attendance checkbox before submitting.
The report adjusts to reflect Clock In/Clock Out values if used when recording attendance.
Run the Monthly Student Attendance Report
- On the start page, choose System Reports under Reports in the main menu. The Reports page appears.
- On the System tab, click Monthly Student Attendance. The Monthly Student Attendance Report page appears. The upper portion of the page displays the report's name, version number, description, and comments.
Use the following table to enter information in the fields:
Use the pop-up menu to select one the attendance recording methods for which you want to run this report.
- Use Default: Searches for and displays report output based on FTE. By default, this menu option is selected. If your school uses more than one FTE to differentiate students, such as full time and part time, and you want to run the report for those sets of students, the only way to effectively run these groupings with different modes and conversion items is to use the default.
- Daily: Searches for and displays report output by day.
- Meeting: Searches for and displays report output by period.
- Interval: Searches for and displays report output by interval.
For more information about attendance modes, see Attendance Overview.
Note: Menu options appear based on your attendance setup configuration. For the Use Default menu option to appear, FTEs must be set up and the “Use default settings” checkbox on the Attendance Preferences page must be selected. For the Daily or Meeting menu options to appear, the Daily or Meeting checkboxes on the Attendance Preferences page must be selected.
Use the pop-up menu to select the method by which attendance is calculated for which you want to run this report. Menu options appear based on the Attendance Mode selected.
- If the Attendance Mode of Use Defaults was selected, Use Defaults appears by default. There are no other menu options to choose from.
- If the Attendance Mode of Daily was selected, choose either Code to Day, Percent Time to Day, or Time to Day.
If the Attendance Mode of Meeting was selected, choose Percent Period to Day, Percent Time to Day, Period to Day, or Time to Day.
- If the Attendance Mode of Interval was selected, choose Time to Day.
For more information about attendance conversions, see Attendance Overview.
Students to Include
Indicate which students you want to run the report for by selecting one of the following options:
- The selected students only to run the report for students in the current selection enrolled in the specified date range.
- Select All students to run the report for all students in the current school enrolled in the specified date range.
Select the checkboxes of the grade levels you want to scan. Doing so takes the selection of students selected in the “Students to Include” section and narrows the selection to include only those students having the same grade level as those selected.
Alternatively, leave all the checkboxes blank to scan all grade levels. Doing so includes all of the students selected in the “Students to Include” selection.
Reporting Segment or Begin Date and Ending Date
Select which date range to use for this report:
- Reporting Segment: Choose a reporting segment from the pop-up menu. For more information about reporting segments, see Reporting Segments.
- Begin Date and Ending Date: Specify a date range in the blank fields using the format mm/dd/yyyy or mm-dd-yyyy. If you do not use this format, an alert appears. If you submit the date with an incorrect format, the date field is submitted as a blank entry.
Note: The date entered must fall within the selected school year term.
Select a time to run the report:
- In Background Now to execute the report immediately in the background.
- ASAP to execute the report in the order it is received in the Report Queue.
- At Night to execute the report during the next evening.
- On Weekend to execute the report during the next weekend.
- On Specific Date/Time to execute the report on the date and time specified in the Specific Date/Time fields.
After submitting this report, it will be processed in the report queue. On the navigation bar, click the Report Queue button. The Report Queue - My Jobs page displays all your reports.
If you selected the On Specific Date/Time processing option, enter the date to scan using the format mm/dd/yyyy or mm-dd-yyyy. If you do not use this format, an alert appears. If you submit the date with an incorrect format, the date field is submitted as a blank entry.
Use the pop-up menus to indicate the hour and minute.
Data to be filled
In this section, select the checkbox next to the following filter fields to save the settings as defaults. From the pop-up menu, choose Set All to select all checkboxes and Reset All to remove all checkboxes next to the following fields.
Include Student Number
Select the checkbox to include the student numbers on the report.
Include Partial Attendance
By default, the codes and values included in the report represent full days absences and attendance even if the school is set up with attendance conversions that count partial absences and attendance. To include codes and values for partial day absences and attendance, select the Include Partial Attendance checkbox before submitting.
The report will break to a new page for each
Use the pop-up menu to indicate how you want page breaks to be applied.
Note: Do not run this report for reporting segments if segments are longer than 20 school days. Also, you must have the Reporting Segments option selected above when using this option.
lick Submit. The report results display based on the parameters you selected. Depending on your specifications, this could take several minutes.
Print the report from your Web browser or save it to another application. For more information, see Run, Print, and Save Reports.