Create a list of selected students. Print the list from your Web browser or export it to another application and print it from there. The latter option gives you more flexibility in formatting and is especially helpful with longer lists. Either way, practice by creating a short list and viewing it before you print or export. This will help you understand how to create a useful longer list.
Create a Student List
- On the start page, search for and select a group of students.
- Click the [Select Function] arrow.
- Under Export, choose List Students.
Note: Alternatively, if you have a current selection of students, you can choose Special Functions under Functions in the main menu and then click Groups Functions.
Use the following table to enter information in the fields:The following descriptions are only for fields that require special considerations.
Enter the name of the field.
To insert a PowerSchool field into this field:
- Click Fields to view a list of PowerSchool fields. The Fields pop-up appears.
- To narrow the list of fields, enter one of more search terms in the Filter field. Otherwise, leave blank.
- Click the field you want to add. The Fields pop-up closes and the selected field appears.
Note: To number the staff members on the printed list, enter *count in the Column 1 Field Name field.
Padding in Each Cell
Enter the amount in points of the space between the cell and the text.
Note: One point equals 1/72 of an inch.
# Rows in Between Breaks
This refers to the number of student names to print before each break in the list. After each break, column titles are printed again. Enter 0 if you do not want breaks inserted.
Select the checkbox to create the list in another application. If you deselect the checkbox, the list appears in your Web browser only.
Sort Field Name
Enter up to three field names to sort items in the selected columns or fields. Select to sort in ascending or descending order. If you select to sort more than one column/field, PowerSchool sorts them in the order listed.
Note: If you have never sorted a list before, it is a good idea to try different options here to view how items are ordered each time.
- Click Submit. If the list is formatted correctly, continue to the next step. If not, click Back, make the necessary changes, and click Submit again to preview the revised list.
- Choose File > Print from your Web browser to print the report.
Note: To fit more students on the page, change the paper layout or use the reduction setting on your Web browser. Choose File > Print.