Use the Quick Import for State-Specific Extended Tables function to bring a large amount of data into PowerSchool state-specific extended tables. Before completing this procedure, you must have an ASCII text file that contains the data to import and is preferably delimited by tabs.
Verify that you are signed in to the appropriate school. If the school is incorrect, click School at the top of the page to choose a new school before starting this procedure.
- On the start page, choose Special Functions under Functions in the main menu.
- Click Importing & Exporting.
- Click Quick Import for State-Specific Extended Tables.
- Choose the extended table from which the data will be imported.
- Choose the field delimiter. This refers to the item that will separate the fields in the exported data.
- Choose the end-of-line marker. This refers to the item that will separate the records in the exported data.
- Choose the character set for the import file. This selection is specific to the operating system where the import file was created.
- Enter the file path and name of the file to import or click Choose File (or Browse), navigate to the data file, and click Open.
- Select Suggest Field Map to have the system suggest into which PowerSchool field each piece of data in the data file is saved. These are just suggestions and can be changed before saving.
- Click Import.
If you select the Suggest field map checkbox on the Quick Import page, the PowerSchool fields suggested for each piece of data imported appear. If you do not select the Suggest field map checkbox or you need to change the fields, use the pop-up menu to choose the PowerSchool field into which the system imports the data from the import file.
- Select Check to exclude first row to prevent importing the header row.
- Select Update Existing Rows if you want the system to update existing rows with data from each import.
- To enter a new value in a PowerSchool field for all records from the import file, such as entering the same city for all student records in an import file, enter the value you want to import for all records and choose the PowerSchool field into which the system imports the value.
- Enter information in the Advanced Import Options fields.
Note: Advanced Import Options appear based on the table that was selected from the Table pop-up menu.
- Click Submit.