The Plugin Security section of the [Field Name] drawer displays the plugin roles that have been granted access to the selected field. Access to the field by a plugin can only be approved or rejected by a PowerSchool Administrator when a plugin is enabled. If you need to change a plugin's access to a specific field, you must work with the plugin developer to change the field access list within the plugin xml.
When the [Field Name] drawer only displays the Plugin Security section and does not also display the User Access Security section, this indicates that the field is not a core Field Level Security field that can be secured using User Access roles. Fields of this type are only secured to plugins when those plugins are enabled, and have been granted access to the field by a PowerSchool Administrator.
View Plugin Security
- On the start page, choose System under Setup in the main menu.
- Under Security, click Field Level Security.
Click the Edit icon.
Use the following table to view information in the Plugin Security section:
The level of permission granted to users in this plugin role for the selected field:
- Full Access - When a field is set to this setting, the field appears editable.
- View Only - When a field is set to this setting, the field appears as read-only.
- No Access - When a field is set to this setting, the field appears with asterisks.
The plugin roles that have been assigned access.
- Click Submit.