Using the Data Export Manager, you can export contact information from PowerSchool by choosing PowerSchool Data Sets from the Category pop-up menu, and then Contacts from the Export From pop-up menu. Additionally, you can export legacy contact information from PowerSchool by choosing PowerSchool Data Sets from the Category pop-up menu, and then Student Legacy Contacts from the Export From pop-up menu.
About Exporting Contacts
The Contacts module provides the ability to export a contact along with associated addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and students. When exporting contacts:
- At least one row will be rendered for every contact in the export.
- Multiple rows will be rendered if a contact has multiple instances of any mapped column value. For example, if the email address column is selected for export and the contact has two email address records then two rows will be rendered.
- The number of rows rendered for a contact will be equal to the greatest number of repeated column values that were selected for export. A simple example is if a contact has 2 emails, 3 phones, 1 address and 4 students (each with a single detail record) then 4 rows will be rendered. In that same example, if each student had 2 detail records then 8 rows would be rendered.
- If multiple rows are rendered, the contact ID, DCID and name fields will be rendered on each row (when selected for export). The remaining "Person" columns will only be rendered on the first row.
- Extended table and child table columns can be selected for export. It is recommended, but not necessary, to include related core table fields in order to do so.
- Extended table values will be rendered on a single row. That row will be the first row on which any related core table fields appear.
- Child table values will appear on a separate row for each child record.
- When multiple child records are rendered for a single parent record, all the parent record's mapped fields are repeated on each row along with the child data. This is true for both student contact details (child of student contact) and any child table extensions.
When exporting contacts, you can use the Built In Filters to narrow the list of results:
Students to Include
Select the checkbox to limit the export to contacts that are associated with the selected students.
Note: Students to include dependent upon whether you are signed in at the school or district level.
Use the pop-up menu to indicate which types of contacts you want to export:
Use the pop-up menu to indicate which access account types you want to export: