The At Risk Report provides a listing of courses, sections, and grades associated with students who are currently at risk of failing for the current term. This information allows administrators and teachers to take a proactive approach to correcting this prior to end of term and ensures student accountability.
Run the At Risk Report
- On the start page, choose System Reports under Reports in the main menu. The Reports page appears.
- On the System tab, click At Risk. The At Risk Report page appears. The upper portion of the page displays the report's name, version number, description, and comments.
Use the following table to enter information in the fields:
Use the pop-up menu to choose the attendance recording methods for which you want to run this report:
- Choose Daily to search for and display report output by day.
- Choose Meeting to search for and display report output by period.
- Choose Time to search for and display report output by time.
Students to Include
Indicate which students you want to run the report for:
- Choose The selected [x] students only to run the report for students in the current selection enrolled in the specified date range.
- Choose All students to run the report for all students in the current school enrolled in the specified date range.
Select the attendance codes for which you want to scan. To select multiple attendance codes, press and hold COMMAND (Mac) or CONTROL (Windows) as you click each of the attendance codes you want to scan.
Reporting Segment or Begin date and Ending Date
Select which date range to use for this report:
- Reporting Segment: Choose a reporting segment from the pop-up menu. For more information about reporting segments, see Reporting Segments.
- Begin Date and Ending Date: Specify a date range in the blank fields using the format mm/dd/yyyy or mm-dd-yyyy. If you do not use this format, an alert appears. If you submit the date with an incorrect format, the date field is submitted as a blank entry.
- Note: The date must fall within the selected school year term.
Data to be Filled
In this section, select the checkbox next to the following filter fields to save the settings as defaults. From the pop-up menu, choose Set All to select all checkboxes and Reset All to remove all checkboxes next to the following fields.
Use Attendance Report Query
Select the checkbox to use Attendance Mode and Attendance Codes to query students for the report.
Enter the minimum number of occurrences of the above selected Attendance codes
Enter a number to indicate the fewest instances of the selected Attendance Codes to display on the report.
Use Grades Report Query
Select the checkbox to use the three grade fields listed below to query students for the report.
Select the final grade type
Choose the applicable grade type from the pop-up menu:
Enter the minimum number of classes with failing grades
Enter the minimum number of classes with failing grades to display on the report.
Enter a comma-delimited list of Letter Grade values.
Enter the letter grade value, followed by a comma, such as D, F.
Use Discipline Report Query
Select the checkbox to use the two discipline fields listed below to query students for the report.
# of Discipline actions per student
Choose the applicable number of discipline actions to display for each student from the pop-up menu.
Discipline incident subtype to include
Choose the applicable incident subtype from the pop-up menu.
- Click Submit. The report queue appears.
- Click View once the report is completed.
Note: Click Refresh to update the status of the report.
The page displays a PDF file of the report. Thoroughly review it to verify that the formatting and content are correct. If the report provides the data you need and is formatted properly, print it from this page or save it to another application. For more information, see Run, Print, and Save Reports.