Once setup items have been configured, students and parents can:
Additionally, parents can (depending on your configuration):
- Create Parent Account
Note: By default, parents can create their own access accounts in the PowerSchool Student and Parent portal. If parents are self-registering, the PowerSchool SIS automatically checks the new account against all existing accounts to see if there is an exact match (First Name, Last Name and Account Email). If there is a match, the accounts are consolidated.
- Update Account Information
- Add Students to an Account
- Recover Password
- Recover Username
- Reset Password
Sign In to the PowerSchool Student and Parent Portal
Before you can sign in to the PowerSchool Student and Parent portal, you will need your school's PowerSchool Student and Parent portal URL, your username, and your password. If you do not have this information or have questions, contact your school.
Note: Do not use someone else's password or give your password to anyone else.
- Open your Web browser to your school's PowerSchool Student and Parent portal URL.
Note: If the Parent and Student Sign In page does not automatically appear, click the Sign In tab.
Use the following table to enter information in the fields:
Choose the language in which you want to view the PowerSchool Student and Parent portal from the pop-up menu.
Note: If no more than one locale is configured, the pop-up menu does not appear.
Enter your username.
Enter your password. The characters appear as asterisks ( * ) to ensure greater security when you sign in.
- Click Sign In.
- If your PowerSchool administrator has issued you a temporary password, you may be asked to reset your password upon first signing in.
- If your password has expired, you may be asked to reset your password.
- If you have exceeded the number of sign in attempts allowed, you may become locked out of PowerSchool. If so, contact your school.
Sign In After Session Timeout
If you are not actively working in the PowerSchool Student and Parent portal, your session may time out. If so, you need to sign in again.
Note: In order to reload/restore the last page you were viewing/using, you must be using the same computer, same HTML5-compatible browser, and same portal. Additionally, if another user signs in after your session has timed out, your previous session cannot be reloaded/restored.
- If you have been signed out. Return to Sign In Page. pop-up appears, click Sign In Page.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Yes to reload/restore the last page you were viewing/using.
- Click No to sign in and access the start page.