View Daily Attendance
Using the Daily tab on the Attendance Data Grid, you can quickly and easily view daily attendance information for a selected school for the current or selected day.
If accessed at the district level, only the reports content appears. To access the Daily tab, you must be in a school view.
- On the start page, choose Attendance under Functions.
- Choose Daily.
To view information for a different date, click the Calendar icon and select a date.
Review the Student Counts for each attendance code. By default, students with absences appear on the first tile. Click the tile to remove the filter and view all attendance codes in the grid.
Click any attendance code to filter the student results.
Add or Update Attendance
When adding or updating Daily Attendance, you can search for a student by name or student number, enter attendance for that student, and set the drawer to keep open as you search and enter attendance for additional students. The Attendance Data Grid and student count tiles are updated immediately upon saving and closing the drawer.
Adding or updating Daily Attendance using the Attendance Data Grid is recommended when adding or updating attendance for multiple students. Refer to Daily Attendance to learn more about entering or updating attendance for an individual student.
- On the Daily tab, click Add.
- Search for a student by name or student number or scan a barcode of a student number.
- Choose the attendance code.
- Enter a comment if needed.
- Select Print Admit Slip for Today to generate an admit slip to authorize the student to proceed to class.
- Enter Clock In and Clock Out times. Select Exclude to remove this time item from the total time calculation.
Select Keep Open before saving to keep the drawer open and enter attendance for additional students.
Select a student name to view their Daily Attendance.
- Choose Edit to enter attendance for that student.
Select the home phone to view contacts associated with the student. Contact Info appears if a phone number has not been entered.
- Click the Attendance Code to review any additional comments.
Make the filtered list of students your current student selection by selecting the checkbox in the header row for all students or the checkbox for individual students. Then click Set Current Selection.
- Download the attendance information as CSV, XLSX, or PDF.
When downloading the attendance records, consider the following:
- The PDF format is restricted to a maximum of 1000 records.
- Using the CSV format to download data containing right-to-left Unicode characters may result in incorrect data ordering. In which case, you can reconfigure your system, use a client, such as Google Sheets, or download the data in XLSX format.
- If you have localized your version of PowerSchool, you must have the required character set installed to export in your specified language.