Once you have configured the Event API, you can then configure SAML inline authentication allowing users to sign directly into Schoolnet without using the SSO link within PowerSchool. For example, if an administrator bookmarks their My Schoolnet page and SAML Inline Authentication is configured, when the administrator clicks their bookmark, they will be able to sign directly into Schoolnet.
- On the start page, choose System under Setup in the main menu.
- Under Server, click System Settings.
- Click Plugin Management Configuration.
- Click Schoolnet.
- Click SAML Inline Authentication.
Use the following table to enter information:
PowerSchool user types for which SAML inline authentication may be configured:
Allow SSO Authentication
Select the checkbox for each user type that you want to allow SSO authentication. Otherwise, leave blank.
For each user type that you have allowed SSO authentication, do one of the following:
- Select the checkbox to indicate you want a new browser window to open when signing directly into Schoolnet.
- Deselect the checkbox to indicate you want Schoolnet to appear in the same browser window as PowerSchool when signing directly into Schoolnet.
- Click Save.