Use a Student Preference constraint to schedule a student into a particular course section, term, or teacher.
- On the start page, choose PowerScheduler under Applications in the main menu. The Scheduling page appears.
- Under Scheduling Setup, choose Constraints from the PowerScheduler menu. The Constraints menu appears.
- Under Load Constraints, choose Student Preference. The Student Preference Constraints page appears.
- Click New. The Edit Student Preference Constraint page appears.
Use the following table to enter information in the fields:
Click Associate to select the name of the student you want to force to schedule in a specific course section.
Click Associate to select the name of the course.
Choose the term to which you want this constraint to apply from the pop-up menu (optional).
Enter the section number of the course into which you want the student to be scheduled (optional).
Click Associate to select the name of the teacher who instructs this course section (optional).
Note: Though the last three fields are optional, you must make a selection for at least one of the fields.
- Click Submit. The Student Preference Constraints page appears.